Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 17, 2014

March 17, 2014

"525,600 minutes.  525,000 moments a year.  525,600 minutes.  How do you measure, measure a year?"

Hey there!  So how do you measure a year?  In 3 days I will hit my year mark on my mission.  Wow where has the time gone?  This last year of my life has been the most wonderful, difficult, joyful, heartbreaking year of my life.  There is so much that happened this last year of my life that I don't know if I could really sum it up in one word but if I had to it would be Change.  I have experienced more change on my mission than I ever thought possible.  As I heard once in a blessing for a dear member in Zoetermeer, everything that I go through on my mission will help me to become more like my Heavely Father and will help me to be an even more beautiful diamond.  I hope that I am becoming what Heavenly Father wants me to be.  

Well that's enough sentimental dingys haha onto the week!  Well it was a fabulous week!  We taught 24 lessons this week which is a new record!  It is sooo cool to be able to teach people, I love it =).

Maandag: So we went to FHE with Sule and Samuel at Stefaan's and it was fun!  We made funnel cakes for treat but then we ended up missing our bus so then I taught Sule Egyptian Rat Slap and it was super funny because he was super competative haha

Dinsdag: We had District meeting which was good and then we went and taught Sule and then Tommy.  I love those guys!  They are amazing.  Then in the evening we had branch counsel which went really well.

Woensdag: We taught Miranda in the morning and it went really well.  We taught her the Plan of Salvation and it helped her a lot because she is so afraid of death.  Then we taught Emilia about the Word of Wisdom and tried to help her set some goals to stop smoking.  She can do it!  Then we went by this old woman Dymphna who is probably the most negative nelly I've ever met.  It just always reminds me that our attitude really does impact our happiness.  Then we went to Zuster Kokx.  She always blasts this terrible Flemish music out her window and it was so loud that she couldn't even hear us shouting to her from the window haha Then we taught Joana and José.  It went ok but they aren't really understanding why the Book of Mormon is important and also they don't believe in prophets like at all... uh oh.  Then we went and taught our sweet Mia.  I love her =)  We started watching The Testaments with her while reading the Dutch subtitles out to her it's pretty funny haha.  Then we had Correlation

Donderdag: We were on exchanges so I was in Turnhout with Zuster Watkins.  We taught 7 lessons!  We had a good lesson with Zuster Janssen an inactive and then we ended up teaching a good lesson to Daniel, Emilia's son.  Stopped by really quick to Roger and Amusa, watched some more of the Testaments with Mia.  Then we had an AMAZING lesson with Sule and his roommate Alanzo with President Peeters.  Then after we went to dinner with Familie Van Kerckhoven with Tommy.  It was delicious and then after we talked about Priesthood blessings and then Broeder Van Kerckhoven gave one of the best blessings EVER to Tommy.  It was amazing!  Then we played Dominion in dutch! (shoutout to Carson, Anna, and Curtis Evans)

Vrijdag: Taught Family Gyimah and it went ok.  Then went and taught Joyce and it also went ok.  She just has sooooo many questions that we couldn't teach a lesson and we couldn't even really answer her questions.  She's still really positive though.  Mia again and then Tommy and he was a changed man!!!!!!!  He now expects an answer!  It's amazing to see these people change!  For the rest of the day we did weekly planning.

Zaterdag: We went to a RS activity in Antwerpen on the Atonement and it was wonderful!  It was beautiful and I heard my new favorite song, Beautiful Heartbreak by Hilary Weeks!  We came back late in the afternoon and then ended up finishing up weekly planning before we taught Frank and Beatrice.  Then we got to go to Sule's voetbal game and it was lots of fun!  Except the coach didn't put him in until the last 3 mins but it was still super fun!  

Zondag: Tommy and Daniel came to church which was great, then afterwards we had a really good lesson with Daniel and he is SUPER sincere!  Then we went to Mia and the Sule and then we had dinner with Familie Klas.  They are so fun!  Also last night I heard the news that an inactive I taught in Rotterdam, Zuster Stafford passed away.  It was really hard to hear.  

Well that's all I've got for now!  I hope that you all have a really good week!
Love,
Zuster Mizell

P.S. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

  3 Attached Images

No comments:

Post a Comment