Monday, September 16, 2013

HAHA.  Sorry for the strange email title!  I'll explain in a second but let me just say hello my dear family!  How I love you and have missed you!  Sorry I didn't email yesterday.  We went to Amersfoort and then got back too late to email so that's what happened.  So to answer your question; YES I am being transfered!  I am going to move to Capella aan de Ijssel it's a little city on the borders of a big city Rotterdam.  I will be a part of the Rotterdam Noord ward and be working there and in the city I live.  They have never had sister missionaries there so I will be opening it!  AHHH!!!  It's a little scary.  It means LOT'S of contacting.  Also I will be working with Zuster Woodbury who is a greenie, so I will be finishing up her training.  BUT, and here's the catch, the apartment I will be moving into, isn't ready yet so I won't be moving in until the 17th of September.  So I am staying here in Zoetermeer for like 3 weeks!  So I hope no one is confused.  So I don't have a ton of time, so I will just go into the big parts of this week. 
 
Maandag- Zuster Schwab was sick so we basically spent the entire day inside.
 
Dinsdag- District meeting was great.  I made the special spaghetti casserole and everyone loved it.  I went on exchanges in Den Haag and it was a super fun day!  We ate dinner at a really cool members' house, we had a great first lesson with their new investigator Sven, and we talked to a young adult Sheila who really needed to talk which was good.  I worked with Zuster Johnson and she's such a sweetie!  It was a great day!
 
Wednesday- We were supposed to have a lot of appts. but most of them fell through.  We did have an appt. with Alexandra though so that was really good =).  Also we ate dinner with family Van der Put.  They are sooo great and I loved being with them.
 
Donderdag- I really can't seem to remember much from this day.  Oh ya.  I felt sick this day so we stayed inside most of the day.  Then we went to dinner at Zuster De Jong's and then we had a lesson with Zuster Uljee.  She is such a sweet lady, and I love spending time with her.
 
Vrijdag- I was still feeling pretty sick so we didn't do much.  Zuster Schwab patched up Zuster Meier's bike which was pretty awesome.  Then we had dinner with the lovely as always Zuster Van der Scheer and then we had a meeting with Bishop which went well.
 
Zaterdag- We had a ward picnic and it was lot's of fun!  Not everyone came but we played frisbee, vollyball, talked, ate panakoeken (that's not how you spell it I'm pretty sure), there was a bounce house.  I realize now I didn't take any pictures so that's a jummer.  Alexandra came though and she seemed to have a great time!  Also some members brought non member friends which was the bedoeling.  Then we had a late lunch with Elfrida who seems pretty resolved to come to church every week.  I hope she sticks to it.  Then we went and made dinner for Vicky in Leidschendam.  She is SUCH a sweety!  I just LOVE her!  We retaught her the first lesson.  She has such a humble and pure testimony, it's beautiful.
 
Zondag- We met this new member who was just baptized in Almere who just moved here.  His name is Cees and he's pretty crazy haha.  We met with him before church and we will be meeting with him probably every week.  Everyone was back from vakantie in church so it was wonderful to see everyone!  I bore my testimony since I had the feeling it would be the last chance I had.  Then we did weekly planning and then we went to familie Rahman van Eeden for dinner.  They were in America practically this entire last  transfer so it was soooo good to see them again.  He was the member that was struggling a little bit and Zuster Rigdon and I started reteaching him the lessons.  He told me this really cool story I want to share.So when he was in the US he visited his missionary that baptized him and he was talking to him and asked B. Rahman how he was doing.  He told him everything and about how we (the missionaries) had helped him.  Then his missionary told him that he didn't know why but that about a month or so ago he had the feeling he needed to pray for B. Rahman that the missionaries would reteach him the lessons.  We were the answer to his prayer.  B. Rahman started crying when he was telling me this story.  It's really special.  Then we went home to finish weekly planning and that's when I got my transfer call.  WOW!  I was so surprised but not at the same time.
 
Maandag- So yesterday we went to Amersfoort with Zuster Van der Scheer for P-Day.  It was so fun!  I took lots of pictures and learned lots of history about the city.  We went on a boat ride and ate in this darling little café.  It's times like these that I remember that I'M IN EUROPE!!  Sometimes I'm so busy with missionary work I forget haha.  Oh also in this city is the middle point of the Netherlands so I got to stand there which was super cool =) 
 
Vandag- Today District meeting was super great.  I shared the spiritual thought on love and charity and everyone really seemed to enjoy it.  I really love teaching.  I get just more and more excited every time I teach to become a school teacher one day.  Also I met my new companion Zuster Woodbury.  She is staying with the Den Haag Zusters since our apartement won't be done for a while.
 
So this week has been a little harder emotionally but it's still been good.  I still wake up happy to be a missionary which is the best =).  We aren't able to get ahold of most of our investigators so we might be back to square one with that, but we have made some REAL progress with the ward.  OH so I suggested that this ward do the 40 day fast like you told me about Dad, and they took my advice and decided to do it this month!  It's going to be great!  The missionary work will just explode, I know it.  Well I think that's just about all.  I am super happy that I will get to serve in a new place but also super happy that I have just a little bit more time here in Zoetermeer.  I will sure miss Zoetermeer but I don't have to leave it yet =)  Well I love you family!  I hope you have a really wonderful week and know that you are always in my prayers!
 
Liefde,


Zuster Mizell

No comments:

Post a Comment