Monday, January 27, 2014

January 14, 2014
My Dearest family,

Well I don´t have too much to say about this week.  It was definitely a hard one, but I´m still alive so that´s good.  As far as missionary work is going, it´s going.  We met this 12 year-old Kimberly.  Her whole family are inactives, but when we went by she said she wanted to go to church and be baptized!  She came to church this Sunday and really liked it a lot.  We are teaching her for the first time tomorrow.  As far as the rest, we are just finding every day.  We have found a couple of good potentials and hopefully we can find some more people to teach.  

So as for what I really want to say, is that if anything I am really learning to rely on the Savior.  Sometimes I feel like He is the only friend I have to comfort me.  I am learning first hand the power of His atonement and that I really couldn´t go on without out.  I have literally felt Him take the yoke with me and help me carry the burdens I have.  He is real, and His power is real.  When we call upon Him, He comes to us.  

Also I read this in the Liahona "A fifth aspect of the Lord´s ministry is His commitment to endure to the end.  Never did He withdraw from His assignment.  THough He experienced suffering beyond our comprehension, He was not a quitter.  Through deepening trials He endured to the end of His assignment: to atone for the sins of all humankind.  His final words as He hung from the cross were `It is finished.`"  

The Savior never expects of us what He himself did not do.  He endured more than I ever will have to and so I will endure.  I will not be a quitter, and until I am released from this assignment, I will endure.  

I love you all and I´m really thankful for your prayers.  I hope you all have a wonderful week.  I love you

Zuster Mizell

No comments:

Post a Comment