Monday, July 8, 2013


Hallo Familie! 
 
Well as you probably got from the title of this email I am officially half way through another transfer!  AHH!  I can't believe it, it just goes by WAY too fast.  So I defenitely feel like I won't be staying in Zoetermeer but we will see.  It's hard when you know transfers are coming up so soon because it's hard to know that you might leave a place.  You come to love the people, investigators, ward, and city so much you just don't want to leave.  That's how I feel about Zoetermeer.  Of course I don't know for sure if I will be leaving but I get the feeling I will be.  I know for sure I won't be going to far away, but I also know for sure that Zuster Rigdon and I 'won't be companions anymore. =(  I love her so much so that will be hard.  BUT I talked to Zuster Robinson and she promised me that whatever happens with transfers that I will be happy, so I know wherever I go and whomever I am with is what the Lord wants and I will be happy.  Anyway I am going to move on to what happened during the week now.
 
Mandag- Well honestly I don't remember too much about this day.  From what I remember (because I don't have anything written down in my planner) it was an ok but not too productive day.  Sorry that's all I've got.  Oh I do remember that our miracle girl Alexandra texted us this day to tell us she had chosen the Catholic church so that was a bummer.
 
Dinsdag- We had a lesson with one of our investigators Luisa at the kerk.  She is really sweet but has a lot of problems at home.  She basically told us she's more interested to meet with us because it's someone to talk to rather than learning about the gospel.  That was pretty sad, but she still reads in the BvM and prays so as long as we can help her get a relationship with God first then when the time is right she will have the strong desire to learn more about the gospel.  Also we met with a member this day.  He is the most amazing member I know, but he is having a really rough time right now and is struggling with his testimony.  So he asked us to come over and reteach him the lessons and work with him.  He is so humble and amazing.  It's wonderful to watch him work and regain his testimony.  I love working with him =).  We talked to 24 people this day but I don't think we really found anyone so tha't's about it for Tuesday.
 
Woensdag- Honestly this day started off REALLY rough, but I was able to get a Priesthood blessing and that was amazing.  It changed my whole day around.  We had exchanges this day so I got to work with Zuster Wood in Zoetermeer.  We made cards for members of the ward and less active members and just delivered them and ten contacted along the way.  We didn't really find any good potentials but it was ok because we did meet some cool people.  Also we had dinner with Familie Gfeller (one of them anyway haha there are like 5 familie Gfellers in our ward) and that was great.  Then we had my first ward counsel meeting which went really well.  We talked a lot about how things in the ward need to change and everyone was on board for it.  Also I suggested the 40 day fast thing and I think they might do it =).  Oh also this day I started getting sick =( Jummer!!!
 
Donderdag- AHHH!!  The beautiful anniversary of our beloved country!  Oh how I missed America this day.  I woke up quite very sick jummer but we went to familie Rahman van Eden for a lesson and we made them funnel cakes (our second attempt and they didn't look too great) and they played us some MoTab American hymns which made me about cry haha.  Zuster Rigdon and I both wore red white and blue outfits so we got funny looks all day but it was still really great!  We got red and blue slushies to help my throat which were delicious!!!  MMMM!!  And we TRIED to have an American dinner.  We had funny hotdogs that did NOT taste American we tried to get buns but they had gross meat already in them, we had chips, and a can of rootbeer.  It was still fun haha.  We were supposed to have a lesson with Michaela this day she's the 17 year-old but she cancelled on us and hasn't contacted us since.  =(  Also we had a lesson with our eternal investigator Rens and his family and just had a FHE with a lesson and then we made them funnel cakes which were REALLY GOOD!  Oh also I tried to make my cake this day but I made it wrong and had to throw it out.  Bummer =(  I'll probably try again this week. 
 
Vrijdag-  Still super sick but we went to interviews and district meeting in Den Haag.  I had a really great interview with Zuster Robinson and an ok one with President haha.  Then I went to Amsterdam for the rest of the day.  We did service for a while in an old lady's garden and then we went to the church because they were having a BBQ.  I took like an hour nap because I was feeling soo cruddy and then we had the BBQ.  It was the strangest BBQ I've ever been too haha.  They had such .....different food lol.  Anyway it was still good.  I got a blessing from a member in Amsterdam which was really amazing.  He said to be happy and that I need to listen to the Holy Ghost even more than I do now.  He also said that I had a lot of people prepared for me in Amsterdam and in other places, so apparently I will serve in Amsterdam at some time! 
 
Zaterdag- I was still in Amsterdam most of the day.  We had a lesson with a minister and his wife and we taught about the family procolomation and the temple it was a really amazing lesson!  Then we stopped by another one of their investigators Vera and had a short lesson with her.  Then Zuster Rigdon and Larson met up with us in Amsterdam and we had Doners for lunch and ice cream yumm!!  It was pretty late by the time we started to head back to Zoetermeer.  Then I took a nap because I was so tired and I just slept right through the night.
 
Zondag- This was fast sunday but I didn't fast because I was sick.  We had fast and testimony meeting and our eternal investigator, Rens got up and bore his testimony and then said we wants to be baptized!!!  WOW!  We were totally surprised!  After 3 years of investigating he finally has a testimony and wants to be baptized.  It's a miracle.  I probably won't get to see it though since it will be after transfers.  Anyway the rest of the day was kind of hard.  We did some weekly planning and visited a less active member who is losing her testimony.  It's really hard to watch so many people loose their testimonies.  I wish there was more that I could do to help, but they have to be open and willing. 
 
Today I got your package and letters!  AHHH I LOVED IT!  I feel so loved from everyone and I will try to write all of you back within the next week or so.  Well I'm about out of time for today, so I love you all and have a wonderful week!
 
Liefde,
Zuster Cassie Mizell
 

No comments:

Post a Comment