Monday, February 24, 2014


February 24
Well hey there my beloved family and friends!  So I am officially in Belgium and loving it!  It definitely different than the Netherlands but I'm starting to get used to it all =)  So I would love to write a really long and detailed email but you see they use different keyboards here and it's quite a struggle bus to type, and I am quickly running out of time!  So I'll just have to do the highlights.  Well the first two days of the week I was still in Rotterdam.  It was hard to say goodbye to everyone but at the same time I felt really ready to move on.  I sure do miss them all though!!  Wednesday I made the trek here and basically traveled almost all day!  Then I was warmly embraced in Antwerpen by my wonderful new companion zuster Anjezierden.  We lugged my things home and then ended up teaching two lessons that night.  One to Maria, probably the sweetest little old Belgian lady EVER who is also our neighbor and then Jobe.  This rockstar (not literally) from the Gambia!!  I have never met such sincere people!  Thursday we had our first lesson with Roger a referral from the night before from Jobe, had the most awkward lesson of my life with zuster Cocks an inactive, and then had a lesson with Tommy who is also one of the sweetest and most sincere people I have ever met.  Friday we visited Zuster De Jong an inactive that had a stroke not too long ago and then had another lesson with Maria.  Weekly planning and then we had a lesson with Sule a guy we had met on the street the day before.  We showed up and then he was like my uncle is here and he is also a member from your church.  The lesson we had with him was pretty contentious though because his uncle just kept yelling at him and being like, you idiot read the BOM it's good for you haha.  Then ze had correlation with the ward mission leader and he made us dutch food!  YUMMY!   Saturday we had another lesson with Roger and it went pretty well then we went to our other investigator Greet and sang to her son.  She's such a sweety!  Then we ended up finishing weekly planning most of the rest of the day.  Sunday was great!  We had Jobe, Tommy, and Joana and Jose in church.  Then we taught Jobe, Maria, Sule which went amazingly better, Frank and Beatrice, Adizah, and Otman.  It was amazing.  Probably like half of our investigators are African. It's pretty cool!  Well I have to go but I love you all and hope that you all have a wonderful week!!

Veel liefs, 
Zuster Mizell

No comments:

Post a Comment